Effective Date 01/10/2017
BOSF and its partners are bound to respect participants privacy. Therefore, it is the highest priority to protect the confidentiality of any personal information.
- BOS Schweiz, Zweierstrasse 38A, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland
- Borneo Orangutan Survival Deutschland, Potsdamer Straße 99, 10785 Berlin, Germany
- Save The Orangutan P.O. Box 166 Chepstow, NP16 9BH, United Kingdom
- Save the Orangutan, Amagertorv 13, 3. 1160 København K, Danmark
- Save the Orangutan, C/O Karlén & Stavegre Arenavägen 41, S-121 77 Johanneshov, Sweden
- Borneo Orangutan Survival (BOS) Australia, PO Box 3916 Mosman NSW 2088, Australia
WHAT WE COLLECT
For entering the competition the following information will be collected from each participant: First Name, Family Name, Email address, Phone number and Country of Residence. Other personal information will be required from the designated winner and his/her companion. We are not collecting any other personal or financial information.
WHY WE COLLECT
The aforesaid data are collected in order to allow the registration and authentication of each entry to this competition, to contact participants should they be the winner as well as for sending mailings related to this competition and to provide the recipient with information about general activities of BOSF and its partners. Please also see «HOW WE USE YOUR DATA».
HOW WE COLLECT
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
BOSF and its partners take reasonable steps to protect the collected data from any misuse and alteration. While we use HTTPS to secure the transmission of data within the website, we also use a encryption technology to protect all the information during online transmission between the BOSF and its partners – namely File Transfer Protocol (FTP) as a secure network protocol.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Web analytics to provide BOSF and its partners with information about the use of the competition website may also be used. This helps to understand how users engage with the website. Automated means, using technologies such as browser analysis tools, or pixel tags will not be used.
The competition website may enable entries to interact with BOSF and its partners and others via social media channels – namely Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. We respect collect personal information about entries if you choose to use these tools while we respect each social media platform’s policy terms.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
HOW TO CORRECT OR UPDATE YOUR DATA
Entrants may view and edit the personal information they have provided by entering the competition. If entrants wish to access their personal information, request a correction be made to their personal information or make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact: email@example.com.
Any privacy complaints will be solved as follows:
- Step 1: Complainant to send his/her detailed request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 2: Upon receipt of the claim, BOSF will acknowledge receipt of the complaint by email within 5 days.
- Step 3: An internal auditor will conduct an investigation of the relevant complaint. Therefore, the auditor may request further information from the complainant.
- Step 4: Within thirty days from the date all relevant information are received, the auditor will contact the complainant by email, notifying him/her of proposed avenues of resolution. If additional time is needed to respond due to the complexity of the request, the auditor will inform the complainant.
- Step 5: Following receipt of all requested information, the auditor will contact the complainant by email, and propose an avenue(s) of resolution.
- Step 6: If the complainant agrees to the proposed resolution, the complainant and the auditor will work together to close the matter.
Should no agreement be reached in accordance with Steps 1 to 6, the internal auditor will advise the complainant that he/she may direct their Complaint to the Privacy Commissioner or take independent advice as to their rights.
WHY WE REGISTER IP ADDRESS
We register computer’s IP address of any website visitor. This information is used to approximate the location of the website visitor in order to offer the correct language version.
Like many website owner we use browser cookies on this competition website. We use them for the following main purposes:
- For Social media – if you use Facebook, Twitter or YouTube, cookies can help smooth the sharing process between this competition website and your social feeds.
- Collect anonymous statistics – it’s really useful for us to be able to see which pages are the most popular and how people are using them.
The competition website contains links to other websites – including those of the partners and sponsors. While the protection of personal data is an important concern, BOSF as owner of the website is not responsible for the privacy practices compiled by these sites.
RISKS AND UNCERTAINTIES
BOSF and its partners place the confidentiality and security of any personal data their highest priority. Although the online information transmission can never be completely secure and BOSF and its partners are unable to guarantee the security of the information which entries share with at their risk.
All questions, comments or complaints about the competition can be exclusively emailed to: email@example.com.
Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation
Jalan Papandayan No. 10 Bogor 16151
West Java, Indonesia